Wednesday 31 August 2011

Jar of the Day

Onion Marmalade

Apple and Blackberry pies plus a big one stashed in the freezer ;)



We had a major interruption today in the form of a car that needed a new battery, so many thanks to my lovely friend who came with his car to jump start ours.  We had a little adventure to Bourneville to drop the car at the garage and came home on the bus.


While I've got your attention , can I have a little rant about Barclays bank?  They've recently refurbished the kings heath branch, and very nice it is indeed, all open plan and slick with a giant picture of Wayne Rooneys bald bonce on the wall (!???) But they've made it impossible for me to both queue and keep my children safe because the swishy electric doors are permanently open onto the high street, and strangely enough, Joseph is not too keen on the queuing malarkey and just wants to leg it out of the door.  


As for the queue, well I counted 3 assistants who were very eager and pleased to show us exactly where to queue.  I couldn't help but wonder why they weren't behind the counter serving customers so that there wasn't such a queue? 


I would love to know if my thinking is completely out of kilter with the rest of the world, because I was getting a bit stressed at that point, and gently (ahem, actually it was more like tersely and probably quite rudely) pointed it out to the "co-ordinator".  She didn't take too kindly to that suggestion and another co-ordinator came to help me queue.  Even more bizzarely she didn't seem to think that 6 people in a line constituted a queue............. Is it just me, or am I simply becoming a grumpy older person beyond help??  Answers on a postcard (or in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment