Thursday 25 August 2011

A (nearly) finished object

This must be some sort of record for one of my projects as it's only taken about 10 days.

A tanktop for Joseph, extensively adapted from a Drops pattern from ravelry. Project page here . I knitted it in the round instead of in 2 separate front and back pieces.  I also had to change the number of stitches considerably due to the yarn I used - Katia cotton DK, in orange with a green ball added in for a strip around the chest.  I changed the main body stitch from reverse stockinette to normal stockinette as I didn't want to be constantly purling on the circular needles.  I also added a rib edging (but forgot to use a smaller needle size)  I wouldn't use such a boldly variegated yarn for cables again as the colour changes look quite odd.  A bit like peas and carrots vom..no?  I may yet applique a felt dinosaur or something so that the boy will actually wear it.  Likelihood at present is fairly minimal.  It also needs buttons at the shoulders and of course all the ends sewing in.

I've got to take a photo of the boy wearing it to show it fits (fingers crossed) as one of the housekeepers at work did not believe it would fit a 2 year old.  I told her he was quite thin........


No comments:

Post a Comment